29 November 2006

Thanksgiving and Goodbye

This was my second Thanksgiving in a row being away from home. As some of you know, I got to go to Pass Christian, Mississippi, last year to help with the Katrina relief during Thanksgiving, so it was very sad when I realized this summer that I would be missing it again. I did get to talk to my family which was wonderful. Thanksgiving is to be a time for us to get together and think about how God has blessed us-- feeling overwhelmed with His blessing upon my life it was appropriate this year that I had the pleasure of two Thanksgivings here in Firenze. One at my site-director's apartment with the other American students at I.E. and the other a few days later at Scott and Terri Last's house where I have spent every Sunday this semester at "Renaissance Italia" the small group/church where I have been worshipping. The Italian government will not give Scott, Terri and the rest of the Christian Associates International new visas to stay in the country and start the church they were hoping to. God has called a few of them to Portugal, some back to the states, and a few to other parts of the world. Needless-to-say Firenze will miss them all terribly. They plan to leave this coming weekend and this thanksgiving feast was the last get together they will have. The students and others that have been able to go to this church have been nothing but blessed by this ministry. Please pray for them as they start new chapters in their lives all over the world and pray for the church they leave behind that God will use it to bless students and Italians searching for Christ. This was one of the biggest blessings coming to Italy- finding a home with my brothers and sisters in Christ.

Know how thankful I am for each of you in my life. I got to speak to one of my closest friends on the phone a few nights ago and it was amazing to see God speak right through her to me. He knew I needed to hear everything she said and placed her at the right place at the right time. It made me miss you all so much and look forward to next semester when I can feel at home just by spending time with you all.
Happy Belated Thanksgiving!
These are a few pictures of the wonderful people at my church and the view from the apartment!

1 comment:

greensing said...

it is imperative that i see you when i come home for break. let's start thinking about it, okay?

i enjoyed reading about your thanksgiving. incredible people, huh? God is good.