08 July 2006

Yes, I am alive...

Hey everyone. I hope all is well in your lives and God is blessing you abundantly. I have been praying for everyone so much and I think about everyone almost constantly. I would love to hear from you and see how your summers are all going! Drop me a line if you've got the chance!

So, I got a blog because I figured everyone was doing it. And because I kind of feel like I dropped off of the face of the planet and no one knows what I am doing or what I am up to. So, yay for the internet and yay for blogs and me finally succumbing to it all.

I am up here in Speculator, NY, at a Christian resort and conference center called Camp-of-the-Woods. It is right on Lake Pleasant in the Adirondack State Park. We have about 1200 guests each week and really great speakers (Josh McDowell and, his son, Sean McDowell just left-- incredible!). I work about 65 hours a week rehearsing, waiting tables and performing. I am apart of the 32 person music staff in which I am a member of the octet of singers. We sing everything from contemporary Christian stuff to Broadway to classical. It's been pretty great working with singers that are way better than me-- gives me lots of motivation. We perform every night except for Tuesday (our day off-- we call it Christmas) so we definitely keep busy. There is almost no cell service here (the reason most of you have not heard from me) but the lake is gorgeous and the weather has been wonderful. The people up here are also quite wonderful and I have really been enjoying getting to know the guests as well. We serve at the same section at the dining hall all week so we really get to know them and then they get to see us perform as well!

The best thing about this place though, is that I get to spend so much time with God. I'm learning a lot about why I believe what I believe and also about the love of Christ. How He loves me and why. I know that all seems a little fundamental, but the more and more I know about it, the more complex I know it is. We will never fully understand why God loves us or how, but we do know that we are His children. I never really got that before. His children. Nothing can ever separate us from that love. Nothing we ever do or say can ever make Him turn away from us. How much more that makes me want to follow Him. Wow.
Read the first few verses of 1 John 3.

I hope to hear from you all soon. I will continue to post, maybe even show some pictures of this place up here. I love you and miss you all so much.

I also have a mailing address here if you ever want to send me cool stuff! :-)
Staff, CAMP OF THE WOODS
PO Box 250 (Rt. 30 for packages)
Speculator, NY 12164

3 comments:

pmac said...

being alive is good

pmac said...

my xanga is www.xanga.com/wimseytakesme if you want to read someone else's online randomosity.

Abbey said...

I miss you kate a WHOLE lot, i got a blog too!! it is abbeylynn.blogspot.com!!! come visit me.
mine isn't as profound as yours but that is ok it is funny.... and i have the same background as you.... it is almost like we are sisters or something. I love you talk to you soon!!!