22 July 2006

Rainy Saturday

God woke me up this morning around 6:00am (I didn't have to be anywhere until about 8:30am). I am really glad He did too. I had laundry waiting to be folded in the laundry room and coffee waiting to be made in the kitchen and clothes to be ironed in my room-- so much to do and ample time to do it. I was able to make one of my coffee-addict roommates coffee this morning and the entire process just reminded me of how much I love mornings. It was raining too-- how perfect is that? It's so calm, so serene and just gentle.
You all know me well enough to know how incredibly opinionated I am. I guess for a long time I struggled with being that way. The opinions I have I didn't want. They made people look at me differently. The convictions I had I didn't want because I was going to somehow offend someone. And Thessalonians talks about minding your own business and making it an ambition to lead a quiet life so I was mad that I wasn't that way. But mornings remind me that I love my life. The remind me of the quiet life I have in Christ and the peace that He surrounds me with everyday. They remind me of His love and grace and His gentleness. And I got all of that from folding two loads of laundry and making coffee... man... God IS awesome.

1 comment:

Carl Meyer said...

It it always amazes me how God meets us where we are. Love, Daddy