31 October 2006

I HEAR that

Italians know how to party.

On Saturday night, I was standing outside my apartment talking on the phone. All of a sudden about 50 people showed up at the door with food, wine, and all the essentials of a party. A woman came out and told us that she is sorry but there will be a party tonight- she apologized for the music. I thought nothing of it, went back inside, and looked over some music for my voice lesson Tuesday.
About a half-hour later, as I was winding down and watching a recent episode of LOST that I had just downloaded (I know, it's a sickness...) when all of a sudden "Freakout" was playing through my bedroom window. Then came "I Will Survive", "YMCA", and "Celebrate". Because the party went well into the night, my roommates and I got up out of bed (because there was no sleeping to the "YMCA") and made food.

Yes, Italians know how to party- to American 70s and 80s music.

No comments: