07 October 2006

San Gimingano

A few weeks ago I went a small Tuscan town outside Florence, about an hour by bus, called San Gimingano. Being in a city most of my time here, it was wonderful to get out and see some of the countryside. The town is most known for its 14 towers. The rich people of the day would display their power and wealth through the height of their tower- the higher the tower, the more imporant you were. It is estimated that there were more than 70 of these towers at one time. After the war, there were only 14 left standing.
But I'll let my pictures do the talking about this town's history and beauty. Anything I would say would just be frivolous.




I hope you have a wonderful day in the Lord.

4 comments:

greensing said...

one of my favorite spots. i have some of those same pictures. tell me you tried the gelato there. there is none like it. did you go to the alabaster shop in the alley?

Katie said...

The gelato was amaaaazing there, but I didn't go to that shop! I am going back next week, so I'll be sure to stop there. Miss you SO much!

Anonymous said...

kate you should have packed me in your luggage ............ im jealous ........ we need to talk sometime like soon ish or now ish bye :)

Anonymous said...

oh and this is josh by the way forgot to sign that last one ooops