22 August 2006

Graham Crappers

My family is possibly the coolest thing EVER in my life (right after Jesus, of course). I get home and there are the fixins to make a gourmet Greek meal complete with feta wraps, greek olives, and fried egplant. I haven't been that happy in a long time and not just because of the amazing food. Daddy at the grill, Beth at the cutting board, Marcia at the stove and Abbey and I trying desperately to wrap the feta filling with dried out fillo dough. I forgot while I was at camp how much I loved to cook with my family. They bring more joy into my life than anything ever could. Right after dinner we had a photo session because all of us will probably not be all together again for quite some time. It was certainly a feat to get a real picture taken.

Case in point.
My uncle Teddy, the one taking the picture, had a hard time getting a good one because every time he counted down from 3 we had something planned to do; either turn around, do jazz hands (as seen above) or, our favorite, attack Vitaly. All in all, it was a great time. I am so glad my dad decided to take family pictures after I had been "no make-up"ed and in a car for 7 hours... yummy.

My boy scout brothers and father have had a fire going perpetually from Saturday night until... well... I think it is still lit, actually. Beth and I asked everyone if they wanted us to get stuff for s'mores last night and Vitaly mentioned breifly how we needed to buy some more "graham crappers". Realizing what he had said, he started cracking up and fell on the floor as did everyone else in the room. S'mores in the Meyer house will now only be complete if we have the graham crappers. What do you expect when the word "crapper" is said around a 12 year old boy?

No comments: