31 October 2007

fun facts

I don't really like Halloween. Never really been a big fan. I don't really like traffic either. Maybe I should have thought of that before I moved to Pittsburgh, one of the hardest cities in the entire world to drive in. I do really like it here, though, besides the driving... I live in a city with the nations 5th oldest opera company and the world's first museum of modern art! Carnegie Museum of Art opened in 1895. The arts are thriving here in so many ways! There is always a show to see or a symphony concert to hear. It's wonderful. I don't love all things about Pittsburgh, though. The number one reason is because it is far away from you, not all of you, but some of you, and that makes me sad. But that won't change with any city I decide to live in, I guess. I can't wait to be in Heaven with all of you, so I can see you all the time- forever! Woot woot!
I've learned a lot about Pittsburgh in the last few months. Here are a few "fun facts", if you will.
70% of the population is native to the city.
It is 2nd only to Miami as having the largest number of registered watercraft.
Second only to Venice, Italy, Pittsburgh has the the largest number of bridges in a city.
Pittsburgh is within 500 miles of more than half the U.S. population and less than 90 minutes flying time from 20 states and Canada.
USA Today rated the cityscape view from Mt. Washington as the second best in America (1st was Sedona, Arizona).
Gene Kelly was from Pittsburgh!
The Big Mac was "invented" in Pittsburgh by McDonald's franchise owner Jim Delligatti in 1968. (booooo...)
Second only to Seattle to Pittsburgh has the most cloudy days per year.
Well, friends, I hope you are all well and are enjoying this beautiful autumn we are having. Miss you always. God Bless.

1 comment:

elizabeth.ridley said...

I miss you!!! Call me soon! Pretty pittsburgh!