14 December 2006

Things I Will Miss

I know you are probably wondering what this blog is going to be about from the incredibly cryptic title of this entry, but don't worry. I'll fill you in.
I wanted to make a list of a few things that I am going to miss here in Itlay.
1. Seeing the Duomo on the way to school and out the window of my classroom.
2. The brioche mele (apple pastry) that I have been known to get in the mornings before class.
3. The Ponte Vecchio at night.
4. The shopping.
5. Readily available honey-soap from Lush.
6. The little old lady who sells me Italian yarn for the scarves I have been making.
7. The little chairs on the back of the bicycles for the little ones to hitch a ride with Mom or Dad.
8. The Italian way of making/drinking espresso.
9. REAL cappucino.
10. The smell of leather on the streets.
11. The street musicians.
12. The Tuscan countryside.
13. Tuscan Olive Oil.
14. Alberto (who makes the most amazing sandwich in the world) from "The Oil Shoppe" and il panini numero 4.
15. GABS and my 10% discount.
16. O-the-Italian-Pooches.
17. Four course meals.
18. Carlo's hair.
19. Aquacotta- their goat cheese, walnut, and honey salad.
20. The Japanese secretary at I.E. named Rie... she speaks Japanese and Italian... I speak English and a little Italian. It was always fun talking to her!
21. Getting letters!
22. FRANCO!
23. Francesco- the guy who cuts my hair.
24. Valeria Ferri who told me she was in love with my voice.
25. Walking by Eby's and hearing "Ciao bella!"
There are many many more, but those are the few that popped into my head first and I can't wait to tell you all the rest in person!
I will be home December 17th- just 3 short days away.

No comments: